- Become a permanent resident (green card holder) and five years later a U.S. citizen
- Immigrate to the United States quickly
- Bypass lengthy family and employment based immigration processes in which others often wait years for a green card
- Spouse and children under 21 are able to immigrate with the investor
- Required investment of $500,000 (soon to be $800,000) plus a management fee for investment in regional centers (Canada requires $800,000 to immigrate there)
- Live anywhere in United States
- Freely travel in and out of the United States
- Enjoy retirement, attend school, or run another business
- No net worth disclosure is required
- In-state tuition after one year following admission
The EB-5 program enables an investor to immigrate to the United States and receive permanent resident status (a “green card”) in as little as 18 months.
An immigrant must invest capital in a new or existing firm or regional center enterprise, using earned, borrowed, or gifted funds. The minimum investment is currently $500,000 (soon to be $800,000) if the firm principally does business in a “targeted” employment area, or $1 million (soon to be $1.2 million) in other areas. The investment must create or save ten jobs.
The EB-5 green card program allows investors to live anywhere in the United States while enjoying retirement, attending school, or running the enterprise in which they invest or another business. Below is a more detailed discussion of this way to immigrate to the United States.
EB-5 Green Card Benefits