- Prominent individual or member of a group or team or cultural exchange
- U.S. agent or employer is required for sponsorship petition with USCIS
- A consultation from a union or organization or expert attesting to prominence is required
- Valid for up to five years
- Dependents may include supporting crew/actors/assistants
P Visas for Athletes and Entertainers
The documents to prove prominence are similar to those discussed in the EB-1 section of this site. The P visa regulations, however, also say competing on the U.S. college level is acceptable for athletes to show they are qualified for this visa.
The regulations also provide for P visas for support personnel to P-1 or P-2 applicants.
Steps for Obtaining P Visas
Lawler & Lawler send questionnaire for data and documents. We analyze the facts and evidence.
We gather proof of prominence, itinerary, and help employer or agent prepare supporting letters and assist with endorsement letters.
File petition with USCIS with change of status application if foreign national is in the U.S.
USCIS decides petition.
If abroad, assist foreign national with visa at consul.